[Logo] Golden Battles
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
War Module coming in 3 months
Forum Index » Game General
Andoversr

I know how to post!

ok, so this thread is for discussions between the "large" countries.

Basically the war module is coming in 3 months, Thuru (President of Netherlands) made a good point to me which is that countries with alot or big players (high levels) shouldn't fight eachother and I believe we can peacefully divide the game in a way that all major countries can enjoy the benefits with minimal interferance.

What countries am I talking about?

*United Kingdoms
*Hungary
*Netherlands
*Romania
*Indonesia

Talk between your governments and post 3-4 countries your country would want (Note: if you do not border them with Water / land routes then assume you must conquer countries between yours and that country)

List:

United Kingdoms: Ireland, France, Norway
Netherlands: Belgium, France
Romania:
Hungary:
Indonesia:
Aran

I come in peace

Actually I think Norway is too far away for UK (almost 2000km). It would be almost useless to travel there to gather resources - travel by car would take almost whole day with current speeds. Same is with Spain and Portugal - although geographically there is water border, but distance is just too big for cities to be useful.

UK has "in range" (distance less than 1000km) those countries, values in paranthesis is closest and farest city:
- Belgium (280km - 560km)
- Ireland (500km - 800km)
- France (270km - 1220km)

Other countries:
- Germany (closest city 580km, but rest is around 1000km - I think too far)
- Switzerland (around 1000km each city, it starts to be quite far)
- Netherlands - close distances, but too big country and they are allies
Shaoko

Hungary has claims on the near side of the Moon, we treat that territory as ours and any country that is visible from there.

For the other countries we can offer the far side of the Moon with same conditions.
Aran

I come in peace

Good point Shaoko.
I dont really think Admin will do any restriction who can attack who (ie border restriction), so that discussion seems to be quite pointless.
Gebik

Nice, 3 months before and few countries are dividing the world...

I cant wait who will take czech republic at first. I hope that admin will atleast somehow defend countries where arent people. or it will end as in Anno, that few players owns everything, ie. Generalwoo...

After implementing this module, I think this game will end for people in unpopulated countries, as for example Czech Republic!

I hope admin will reply to my post here!
Masterbo

I know how to post!

Gebik wrote:Nice, 3 months before and few countries are dividing the world...

I cant wait who will take czech republic at first. I hope that admin will atleast somehow defend countries where arent people. or it will end as in Anno, that few players owns everything, ie. Generalwoo...

After implementing this module, I think this game will end for people in unpopulated countries, as for example Czech Republic!

I hope admin will reply to my post here!

Hi ,
what Gebik says is not entirely wrong ! So far the game is great fun , but if size really players / fighters then come to invest a lot just to have everything , the game is very boring ! All countries are dependent on the resources from all the cities , as otherwise no products can be produced . Unfortunately, I do not know the Warmodul , but I have in mind here as an idea before :

For example, each country could also get new cities. Furthermore, each country can block 4-5 cities. This block can only make the president and costs for a month for example 0.5 Gold or like that. Maybe it is free!

Against the new towns and the remaining free cities you can go to war !

This would be a nice idea . Thus, each country can still continue to produce the necessary 4-5 in the cities and the remaining material could then trade !

Furthermore, one can only lead war when one possesses Armor !

Germany hereby seeks allies ! If you are interested PM me !
sollitto

Is this the internet?

Every country shoud have a "damage" number (sum of the damages that every user in that country can do).
And, i.e. if nederland have 10k, and belgium have 2k, and nederland decides to attack belgium, they must have reduced damage power by 5 (10k/2k), so the odds are even......
sollitto

Is this the internet?

And add Moldova to the list.....we are few, but extremely active almoust all of us
biank1989

Is this the internet?

Moldova should also be present on the list. We are active players in more than 80%.
Please.
tomlin

Is this the internet?

What guided by selecting "large" state?

And then manage to be wybirając these countries from the list?
If the activity is and Poland should be there ..... and why not there?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 14/12/2013 15:03:22

Thuru

You forgot also adding bulgaria on the list, Bulgaria have jik 123 as top player so it will be usefull also him on exclude list.
BradleyKell

Is this the internet?

Aran wrote:Actually I think Norway is too far away for UK (almost 2000km). It would be almost useless to travel there to gather resources - travel by car would take almost whole day with current speeds. Same is with Spain and Portugal - although geographically there is water border, but distance is just too big for cities to be useful.

UK has "in range" (distance less than 1000km) those countries, values in paranthesis is closest and farest city:
- Belgium (280km - 560km)
- Ireland (500km - 800km)
- France (270km - 1220km)

Other countries:
- Germany (closest city 580km, but rest is around 1000km - I think too far)
- Switzerland (around 1000km each city, it starts to be quite far)
- Netherlands - close distances, but too big country and they are allies

You forget something, though. Think about how Rome expanded. It wasn't everything through the Capitol, they put Outposts that then became Centers of their Region.

So you wouldn't need to get everything back to, say, the UK. You would create a Natural Hub in a Region. That Hub would be a De Facto 'Capitol' for that Region. Then you would only be moving Resources 'tithing' the Main Capitol say Once a Month, and the Day Travel would be worth it due to the Vast Amount of Goods being moved.

Logistics, Networking... this is how Empires were created. They only needed the Armies to kick in the doors and give them access.
BradleyKell

Is this the internet?

sollitto wrote:Every country shoud have a "damage" number (sum of the damages that every user in that country can do).
And, i.e. if nederland have 10k, and belgium have 2k, and nederland decides to attack belgium, they must have reduced damage power by 5 (10k/2k), so the odds are even......

Why in the world would Odds be Even? Was it so in the Real World? When the Spaniards came to South America, were the Odds Even? When Germany started rolling everyone between them and Russia, were the Odds Even?

The nature of War IS Advantage. If you don't have the Advantage, get an Advantage. Otherwise, risk being taken over.

You could, for instance... use Diplomacy. If you become Valuable to 1 Power, they may protect you from other Powers. Such is the way of the World, and of War.

If you don't like the Disadvantage you have, then use your Referral Link to get more Players into your Country... contact people and bring them in not only under your Link, but under your Flag.
babaroga1x

Is this the internet?

i would like to talk about distances... i wouldnt like to see like in other games one country attacking another country over 5 000 km distance, without any problem...

especially if they are not connected over see or ther dont have land border...

so my suggestion:

power of attacking country = X
power of defending country = Y

if X > Y ---> attacker wins

but with distances introduced:
if there is no land border between countries (like France and Turkey)
power of attacking country (France) = X * 0,9
power of defending country (Turkey) = Y * 1,3 (it is easier to defend then to attack)

if X > Y ---> attacker will win

for bigger distances (like distance between Portugal and Finland), bonus for defender should be even higer and malus for attacker should also be higher

So if France wants to conquer Turkey, they should first conquer Switzerland, Austria, Hungary, Romania, Buglaria and then they can attack Turkey without negative malus.

Like old Rome.... before fighting in middle east, they conquered all midle and SE Europe.

What do you think guys?
Baba
EddardStark

I come in peace
[Avatar]

I have a better idea:
Kosovo: United Kingdoms, Netherlands, Romania, Hungary, Indonesia.

Forum Index » Game General
Go to: