[Logo] Golden Battles
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Lower grade items usability by higher grades
Forum Index » Suggestions
Aran

I come in peace

Its game breaking and unintuitive that you lose access to every item you gathered after upgrade to higher grade. It can also leave fresh H grade player completly without any weapon and clothes to continue playing game. Items should still be usable, but player should be encouraged to upgrade their equipment as soon as possible - as it will boost his effectiveness.
For weapons its very easy - H grade pistol is much more powerful, same with armor and war food / drinks. I grade pistol will be only used if player cannot afford new upgraded one. Problem is with prestige items - clothes, prestige food and drinks. Higher grade provide exact same bonus, but is 10% more expensive - being able to use I grade would make H grade items useless.

I propose this. Each grade lower than current will have 20% prestige penalty. For H grade players I grade clothes are still usable, but would provide only +4 prestige each. For G grade players I grade item will have additional 20% penalty, resulting in only +3.2 prestige each. Same with futher grades.
It would make H grade clothes cheaper per prestige provided than I grade, but stright after change player still gets some prestige bonus until he can upgrade his set.

If that would be somehow impossible to implement player should have all his I grade items automatically upgraded into H grade, but with reduced durability (like 25% penalty to durability left). This is much less preferred as it influences market. And if player have only few shots left he can end up unarmed anyway.
Admin

Weekend poster

Players can sell their old items and buy new ones.
[Email]
Aran

I come in peace

Of course, players can sell old used items. But its possible only with direct trade and that mean they will pay around 50% taxes. Not mentioning they will need to give additional discout to even have a chance to sell used item, as most people just avoid them. After transaction it is very propably player will still wont have enough money to buy new, more expensive H grade weapon and clothes.

And there are also other options:
- invest euro and buy new set
- login for few weeks only to work with lowest prestige and earn pennies
- or they can just rage-quit game when they notice they are naked without any money to reequip and continue playing.

There are always some options

I just try to suggest something that woudnt harm players that advanced grade (without reading all guides and possible consequences of such thing). I know 1 player that was very upset after advancing.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 16/09/2013 21:17:16

Admin

Weekend poster

This is something that can be planned in advance. They can change with the last hit of the weapon, on the last day of their clothes, etc.
I don't think this is such a big issue.
Not to mention that company owners will not like this idea, as it means they will sell less products.
[Email]
Aran

I come in peace

I dont think it will have any negative effect for company owners - and I own some of them.
On contrary, I think they will sell even more goods. Players will be able to change grade sooner - as they wont need to wait like 2 months untill they burn all their lower grade items they bought. They upgrade items they need stright after advance, creating demand for more products.

And its almost impossible to have all items - weapon and clothes to wear down at same date. It can take few months at best to do so. Otherwise player will lose remaining durability on items. And selling them will mean huge lose to player. And companies will have 1 more competition on market, well used item, but with lowest price.

Last thing - 20% lower prestige was just an example, it can be 30% or 50% - so H grade clothes will be worthly upgrade. Using I grade clothes would be only cheap alternative until player will afford upgraded clothes / or just wear out old ones if he decides to take penalty.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 17/09/2013 00:03:03

Masterbo

I know how to post!

I agree with this!!!
All H Grade Player must do the same!
Admin wrote:Players can sell their old items and buy new ones.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 23/09/2013 21:30:42

Aran

I come in peace

I dont understand you Masterbo - you are supporting suggestion or not?
I think it would actually help more H grade players (those 10 or 12), while having no effect on I grade. I suppose most of you are stuck with some I grade item that is worthless to sell. This would give a chance to use leftovers on low level aliens or finish some last durability points on clothes with some penalty.

And for those who rushed and switched unfortunatly to H grade Admin would save some time. He woudnt need to "rollback" them back to I grade once they cried out they are naked, without weapon and money and cannot play any more.
EddardStark

I come in peace
[Avatar]

We have to wear out all our gear befor change grade, ok, but what I do not understand is the option "upgrade grade" in the market. It costs 100 euro????!!!!

Forum Index » Suggestions
Go to: