[Logo] Golden Battles
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Alien raids events
Forum Index » Suggestions
Aran

I come in peace

Idea for alien raids regular events.

Aliens that invaded Earth seems like enjoy being farmed for materials and doesnt strike back ;s I have an idea so they actually attack and forces country citizens to unite to defend their home.

Each country is attacked by xxx aliens (like previous events). To add spice there will be reward for country for victory and penalty if defeated.

After victory country will loot crashed aliens ships. If all aliens in country are killed its budget will get full reward from game fund, ie 100 gold or 10 euro (which government can exchange to gold).
However in case of defeat aliens will take some country gold. If no alien gets killed country budget gold reserves will be drained by like 10% for game fund.
If 50% of aliens get killed then there will be no reward or penalty.

Another source of income for game fund would be much higher demand for weapon blueprints and prestige tickets - war stimulates economy.

Total aliens number will depend on total active accounts (online during last 7 days). Ie if there is 300 active accounts then with multiplier 100 there will be 30000 aliens for 40 countries - 750 per each country. More populated countries will have very easy task to success, less populated will either need huge activity or need allies from other countries.

To pay combatants there would be new bonus implemented - "country war fighting bonus". Each country can set it as government wants - but its better to set it higher and win gold from aliens than give it to them because lack of warriors. It should be set high enough to attract defenders to protect country.
This new bonus would be paid to all warriors fighting in batlle for given country, citizen or foreigner. So its possible to move to other country and help fighting for that country - and bonus reward would be paid from that country budget.
That bonus would be compensation as those aliens would have minimal or no drops - so only way to attract warriors to hunt them is to protect country, and country would need to set that bonus high enough.
Also this same bonus can be used later if wars between countries gets implemented (if planned).

To make it require more players cooperation aliens can send daily reinforcements. So instead all of them showing up day one, each day 1/7 of full force comes into battle. Players need to either move between countries every day (transport would become useful ^^), or stay home and focus on own country. Or just delegate few people to help allied country with fewer citizens, while rest staying home killing aliens. Many possibilities for players

Also another variant would be that all aliens focus on very few countries, but with much higher forces (almost impossible to defeat without foreign help). Same `country war fighting bonus` would apply - it would be up to players to travel to foreign country to help there claiming bonuses or not - and upto country to set high enough bonus to attract foreign warriors.

And finally to make not only pistols useful - some aliens can be killable only with rifles / shotguns / snipers / launchers, and aliens required more expensive weapon would yeald more 'victory points'. Country would pay bonus per victory point. So alien requiring rifle shot would provide better payment from country. For example:
Any weapon alien = 1 VP
`Rifle` alien = 1.3 VP
`Shotgun` alien = 1.7 VP
`Sniper` alien = 2.5 VP
`Launcher` alien = 5 VP
Each group would have more or less amount of aliens worth 20% VP.
If players use only pistols - only like 20% aliens can be killed, meaning penalty would be reduced by 40% - from 10% budget gold taken to 6%.

In short:
Regular raid event, with invulnerability field aliens (requiring special weapon). Depending on event result players in each country can either be rewarded with stronger currency or suffer penalty if defeated.
Gebik

I dont agree with this idea - I mean the concept of "Country win if enough alliens killed versus country loss when not enough alliens given".

Not develop country will suffer and only developed country could have chance to win.

We need something to help countries, which dont have enough people or investors, not the opposite to give them penalty (like in this idea).
Aran

I come in peace

There is variant when only some countries - lets say random 5 or 10 (out of 40) - get attacked with forces that require external help. There is no country (maybe except Romania ;s) that would be able to repel invasion alone. That would make transport much more important and needed.
And you also need active government - you need to look for allies who will come to your country helping with invasion. And government also needs to set new bonus to appropriate level.

So far those aliens seems not too scary at all, even if they attack aliens they stay defensive. After initial invasion they attacked only once so far causing damage ( iron looting - http://forum.goldenbattles.com/forum/posts/list/158.page ). Alien invasion when they cause no damage even if they win battle does not motivate players to take part in event.
Current event rewards system motivates only few players that can cause enough damage to be able to fight for top 10 place and win something.

I have also idea for another invasion option, but it would require a bit more coding. It woudnt affect budget aspect, and effect would be temporary.
Aliens strike at city factory facilities. If they fully succeed players productivity in selected country will drop by 50% for 30 days. However if players fully repel invasion they will gain access to new technology, boosting productivity in given country by 50%.
Ie with 20 prestige and 30 work xp - 25% base productivity player would have 37.5% productivity, earning higher salary, and company producing items at higher rate. With 100 prestige bonus would be even higher - from 65% productivity player would have 97.5%.
Masterbo

I know how to post!

I really like your suggestion aran, because there is really no way to keep the budget of a country's fi nd. But it should not be paid € because certain members of the government embezzle it again. But countries should get either gold or currency.

As you described above, it could give points for the country and these points can in turn against the country money in the cash for gold or exchange. I think that it detracts from the Game Fund minimal.

Fact is, you should not use money from the Game Fund, countries go broke sometime. The big investors are indeed stand it longer, but if only 2 or 3 large countries are here, it makes no sense. Furthermore, the people will eventually leave the game when you realize, then you can not earn in certain countries.
Thuru

Very bad idea to let pay it from gamefund. I can agree with it if it get be paid from country budget.
We dont need to be a second anno, what pay his costs from gamefund.
Aran

I come in peace

Thuru: I dont know if you play Anno, but at one time Admin basically turned off all payments from game fund (points for medal increased to almost impossible level). What happened next? Game almost died - everyone stopped buying stuff, money stopped circulating, players started withdrawing money in panic.

What I say is some expenses from game fund may be good for game, as it makes economy more vibrant. And paradoxally it can also increase incomes into game fund - more players will invest and open companies, more blueprints will sell.
Same is now with bonuses from countries - countries doesnt get anything from players killing aliens, but those bonuses gives impulse to players to fight aliens and to buy weapons, clothes and other stuff. But countries budgets arent unlimited - some event with reward from game fund if players unite and win can give nice impulse for players to do shopping (with pistols only players will not repel invasion). If not game fund will win some money instead.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 15/07/2013 18:27:24

Masterbo

I know how to post!

Thuru wrote:Very bad idea to let pay it from gamefund. I can agree with it if it get be paid from country budget.
We dont need to be a second anno, what pay his costs from gamefund.

Hello Thuru,
I've been waiting for a post from you on that. I appreciate you very much, but you've probably read only game fund and not the entire post, which is very bad.

The countries have no chance here in the game if it is not an option as the countries also make money. I do not know how you imagine it. You can do anything, first if all countries are bankrupt and the players no longer play the game, because you realize that you can not earn anything anyway with your game 15500 shares.

Anno is not broke down because of the Game Fund but, because there was no merit in rows and have the player leave the game.

The game can only survive if the players feel that they can win something here.
This can happen only if the countries can also earn money. Early particular way how countries can make money trading is (Is not because all countries have high import customs tax) to invest, and to print money. Who invests in a game where you can see that the countries have less money and soon be able to pay a bonus.
Thuru

I agree with you that a country must also make money. But i stay in my opinion that taking money from gamefunds is unwanted. Maybe it can be paid from another way, example that poeple who want start a war example pay some money and that the winners get some income from it or whatever. I dont know. But any idea whare take money from gamefunds, meh..
Masterbo

I know how to post!

Thuru wrote:I agree with you that a country must also make money. But i stay in my opinion that taking money from gamefunds is unwanted. Maybe it can be paid from another way, example that poeple who want start a war example pay some money and that the winners get some income from it or whatever. I dont know. But any idea whare take money from gamefunds, meh..

I agree with you that 'not all the Game Fund is used. Otherwise it is a second Anno. But if you take 25% and the gold distributed in the country, then it is OK. The other 75% will continue to be distributed.

Later you can integrate other features with!

Forum Index » Suggestions
Go to: