[Logo] Golden Battles
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Requesting a house proposal, fighting bonus
Forum Index » [GB] United Kingdom
Trceni

I don't want the hassle and duty of a house vote, so I can't start one either. But looking at it, many people will be getting a LOT less in the coming weeks, as far as bonuses go, due to declining prestige. I think we should increase the work bonus by quite a bit, the fighting bonus a tad and the level advancement a tad as well. This would encourage more people to come here, we seem to be slowing down, as a country.
It would also encourage people to work more often, which seems to be becoming a problem, productivity has taken a big hit...

The values are just my suggestions.

Fighting bonus: 2.5gbp
Work bonus: 50gbp
level advancment bonus: 30 gbp
Aran

I come in peace

I woudnt touch level advance bonus, maybe I would even lower it. Higher level gives nothing to country, and if player goes inactive after first few days those money are lost. First levels are going very fast.

Fight bonus can be slightly increased, 2.5 gbp seems fine. It could make houses a bit more attractive - currently 60+ aliens daily are needed to kill to make house useful. Budget can be balanced by slightly increasing sale taxes. Some items have sales tax very low, ie house costing 2000 bp and tax is 1gbp (0.05%).

With work bonus I would be careful, but 50 gbp I dont think it would drain budget. And it would give more incentive to increase prestige and productivity.
Andoversr

I know how to post!

I agree the level advance bonus shouldnt be touched, aran is correct that is will be a bigger drain since that bonus mostly affects the new players.

As far as work and fight bonus I'd say:

Fight bonus: 3 gbp
Work bonus: 35 gbp
Karlonia

I come in peace
[Avatar]

I generally agree with Aran and Andoversr on this. The level advance bonus is actually one of the few things that could be reduced to help balance the budget without causing major problems. Increasing fight and work bonuses should help attract new players and give them some incentive to increase productivity and prestige. This is sorely needed right now because everything seems to have slowed down after the prestige drop was activated, and I am having great difficulty with getting enough jobs filled to be able to produce much of anything at a reasonable rate.
Andoversr

I know how to post!

please note there is no offical proposal yet nor a vote, I believe the numbers should be agreed on before a proposal and vote before the full house of commons.
Aran

I come in peace

I suggest following:
Fighting bonus: 3gbp
Work bonus: 50gbp
level advancment bonus: 10 gbp

To balance budget:

currency exchange tax 10%

sales tax weapon I grade 12 gbp
sales tax weapon H grade 15 gbp
sales tax cloth I grade 3 gbp
sales tax cloth H grade 3.6 gbp
sales tax houses 10 gbp
sales tax transport 30 gbp
sales tax machine 30 gbp
sales tax armor I grade 1 gbp
sales tax armor H grade 1.2 gbp
sales tax equipment I grade 1 gbp
sales tax equipment H grade 1.2 gbp
sales tax prestige drink I grade 0.1 - no change
sales tax prestige drink H grade 0.12 gbp
sales tax prestige food I grade 0.1 - no change
sales tax prestige food H grade 0.12 gbp
sales tax materials - 0.05 - no change
snajper771

My propose to changes:

Level advance bonus 5gbp
fight bonus for now 2,5 and we can increase againe afterfew days
Work bonus 50 GBP

currency exchange tax 10%

sales tax prestige drink I grade 0.5 gbp
sales tax prestige drink H grade 0.8 gbp
sales tax prestige food I grade 0.5 gbp
sales tax prestige food I grade 0.8 gbp
sales tax cloth I grade 3 gbp
sales tax weapon I grade 9 gbp
sales tax cloth H grade 5 gbp
sales tax weapon H grade 15 gbp
for materials i propose dont increase beacouse new players pay for weaponce GBP Iron and Wood
Andoversr

I know how to post!

I like both ideas, I lean more towards the steeper taxes on Aran's given a choice between the two

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/07/2013 04:06:28

Aran

I come in peace

Snajper suggests very high food and drinks tax - 0.5 gbp means 15% of drinks / food value. Thats very high. Prestige items should remain as cheap as possible - so its worth for more people to keep prestige higher. Higher prestige means for country better productivity, and that means higher income from wage tax and personal income tax.

I suggest a bit higher weapon tax - 12 gbp is 3.7% of pistols value and its only 0.06 gbp higher cost per shot. It wont change volume of weapon sales, and weapons are best selling product on market (highest value traded).

Just for comparision:

Items sold in last 7 days: 34 weapons (transaction values - 12 000 gbp), 500 food (2300 gbp) and 290 drinks (1200 gbp).
With 12 gbp weapon tax and 0.5 for food / drink: 408 gbp higher income from weapons, and 250 from food 145 from drinks.
Tax for weapon will bring more money and wont decrease productivity unlike prestige items.
Trceni

Well, currently, I would (of course) prefer a 3gbp bonus for fighting, but Im worried about it being too high. If a few people start seriously hunting (again), then we could deplete the treasury. It wouldn't happen overnight, but the problem would be there. With 3 gbp, wearing clothing while hunting becomes not a necessity, but an incredible investment, as you would only need to fight 15-20 times (depending on clothing price/day), which anyone can do by logging in 2-3 times a day. It would, however, be an investment that the country pays for, not the player's judgment.

That said, if you think 3 gbp would be sustainable, go for it, more for me
Aran

I come in peace

Why do we have voting in country laws for sales tax on prestige drinks and food when its not yet decided by HOC ?

I really do think such high 15% sales tax (0.5 gbp and 0.8 gbp for H grade) here will not make us any good...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/07/2013 01:01:45

Forum Index » [GB] United Kingdom
Go to: