[Logo] Golden Battles
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Weapons vs aliens balance
Forum Index » Suggestions
Aran

I come in peace

Currently balance is poor, making only pistols viable option. They have lowest cost, highest efficiency and best rate of fire.

There is some balancing planned, but with only making voulnarability in some aliens by given weapon I'm affraid it wont be enough - people will still choose most efficient weapon, just avoiding aliens requiring to use ie rifle (higher cost than pistols and both PH and EM damage 2x lower).

Here is my idea:
I. Add each alien different resistances: physical, EM, heat, explosive. So each alien will be vulnerable to different advanced weapon.
II. Assign different damage types to every weapon, but make their durability ('cost per shot') scale with cost and damage to ROF ratio. Every shot deals all damage types weapon is assigned (no different buttons for ).

Example stats given for I grade:
PH = Physical damage, EM = Elecromagnetic damage, H = Heat damage, EX = Explosive damage, EP = EP needed to shoot, ROF = Rate of Fire, DPS = Damage per Second

1. Pistol - basic weapon, deals only physical damage
PH: 200, ROF: 3 sec
EP: 0
Total DPS = 66.67, Durability 200 shots

2. EM Rifle - costs around 10% more than pistol to make, same durability, requires ammo to shoot but deals higher alpha damage
PH: 50, EM: 200, H: 50, ROF: 4.5 sec
EP: 10
Total DPS = 66.67, Durability 200 shots

3. Shotgun - costs around 20% more than pistol, requires same amount of ammo as EM Rifle, deals even higher alpha but has lower durability meaning higher cost per shot
PH: 50, H: 300, EX: 50, ROF: 6 sec
EP: 15
Total DPS = 66.67, Durability 160 shots

4. Sniper - costs around 20% more than pistol, deals much larger amount of physical damage as pistol but much slower ROF, stats similiar to shotgun, just deals PH damage instead of H; in PvP full Equipment set provides higher resists than armor so it can have additional uses
PH: 300, EM: 50, EX: 50, ROF: 6 sec
EP: 15
Total DPS = 66.67, Durability 160 shots

5. Launcher - costs around 30% more than pistol, deals massive explosive damage, lowest ROF, highest alpha, lowest durability (highest cost per shot)
PH: 0, EM: 100, H: 100, EX: 400, ROF: 9 sec
EP: 30
Total DPS = 66.67, Durability 120 shots

In short - more advanced weapon, more damage it delivers in alpha, enabling killing stronger aliens. But if not killed in 1st shot it will take more time to allow second shot.
Each weapon has different strongest damage type, so all is needed for different aliens.

With that 'physical' and 'energy' attack buttons would lose function I would add option to shoot from either primary or secondary weapon.
So you can have your launcher for alpha strike and then pistol to finish alien off. Of course you need to wait till launcher 'reloads' - 9s passes. You would just save expensive launcher shot if alien has just few hp left. Or secondary weapon can be enabled after half of primary weapon reload time passes. It will need careful balancing tho.
Aran

I come in peace

I forgot about 1 thing. Alien drops need to be balanced as well - higher level aliens need significantly better drops, so hunting them can be profitable, even while requiring more expensive weapon per shot. Ie if lev 8 have 25% drop chance make lev 15 has 50%.

Or if drops can't be easly modified make all weapons same durability, just switch damage types.

And one more thing - resistances can be also nice fo PvP. Equipment can have different models for different resists. Ie EM set can provide each 60 EM points and 30 other resists, H set 60 H points and 30 other etc. No equipment gives 0 in all.
Masterbo

I know how to post!

Hi Aran,
I think that is not good to increase the drop chance.
The drop chance is OK, because when the drop chance increase there are to much materials on market. That is bad for the game and the player, because the materials cost all 0.01 + taxes.

When u fight against higher Aliens u get more XP that is good.
One can think that players kill the aliens get Level H 0.0001 PP Attack. Get to level G 0.0002PP Aliens Attack. I think that is good and enough.

But I'll give you right, that has to change with the weapons. There currently riffle keyMaterial enough for shotguns, and sniper. I think, did the drop rate for this Keymats must decrease. Or it must give mini-games, where the player can only fight with the special weapon. With such a mini-game, the player can win money or gifts that way. Free mini games entering and if you are lucky you win something too.

In the future, you can also make national competitions here. The first three countries to get cash for your gold then, or so.

I think that you can find some in the future, like the special weapons can also be used.

The game is really great and when it is further developed so well, it has real potential!
Thuru

It get more balanced if you can reload also in the same turn as you fight. It make the weapon more usefull.
This costs GB nothing, i earlier thinks that more people go use those weapons.
Aran

I come in peace

Well post is 4 months old - there wasnt so high surplus on materials then

I agree that materials drop now in too high amount. But I still think all aliens should be profitable to fight, not only lev 1-10. Harder alien to kill = more valuable drops, otherwise leveling in GB is pointless.
And keymaterial drops are actually quite balanced. There is not that high surplus of them on markets. And keymaterial hunting needs to be more profitable than raw materials - as you need to spend money to reach city with them and sacrifice easy access to capital market.
If materials drop also get balanced people will switch more to them and it should be fine.

Forum Index » Suggestions
Go to: