[Logo] Golden Battles
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Company improvements
Forum Index » Suggestions
Corvinus

Is this the internet?
[Avatar]

Now it is so, that "Material" companies produce all and everything related in one company.

Let's take an simple example first:

Iron -> Steel
This company can "mine" Iron if someone do the Job and clicks the button "Work here" and company setup is to mine iron.
Further the same company can produce steel by using the iron mined by the company (or using iron given by the owner).

Improvement Nr. 1:
Divide such companies in "Basic Material" companies, "Ironmine" (Basic Company) company and "Steel Fabric" (Advanced Company) company. This makes by far more sense then the actual behaviour.

Improvement Nr. 2:
Market functions. Companies should be able to participate within the market. What I mean is:
- A company should be able to place Sell Orders for there final Products in the cities where they have headquarters. in case of our Ironmine, iron for sale. In case of our Steel Fabric, steel for sale. (This is already possible, no need for changes, just to complete it)
- A company should be able to place Buy Orders for the neccessary Basic Products in the cities where they have headquarters. In case of our Ironmine, nothing to buy cause it is not neccessary to buy any mats prior to iron. In case of our Steel Fabric, buy offer for iron in the cities where they have headquarters.

This would be a huge improvement for interoperability for both companies and players. Advanced companies can put up buy offers for their needed Basic Material, and fighting / battling / hunting players can sell their "loot" directly to companies without any time consuming mail writing back and forth. It will also make cities (the ones except capitals) more gamerelevant. This can also enhance the economic flow.

Hope my english is so well, that it could be understand.

This was all for today, maybe some suggestions will come in the near future as I get more familiar with the game.
Admin

Weekend poster

It was initially planned like you suggest, but then we would have ended up with 50+ type of companies, which is not very user friendly.

However, the buy/sell offers can be set anytime with Trade companies, they work as you describe.
[Email]
Corvinus

Is this the internet?
[Avatar]

Mhmmm ...

But what is the point in putting 3 mats into a single company? Example:
Grain - Flour - Malt = If someone works on a job within this company, the company is only able to produce one single material per workplace, in addition I can only decide which one it is by enabling / disabling the blueprints (couldn't figure out which material gets priority if all available blueprints would be enabled).

Sure, I can decide which machine I put into the company and therefore what the company should produce, but ok, then it should be this way. Still not a good solution in my oppinion.

I don't own a Trading Company, but as far as I know, they are for international trades. What I would like to see is, that all other companies would be able to put buy offers to their local markets (in cities where they have a headquarter, not international). The way it is working at the moment is, I have to put buy offers on the market with my "avatar" and his budget, therefore all I want to buy per order goes through my "avatar" first and from there I have to distribute the materials to the respective companies. This is unneccessary complex. Via Trade Company it has the same or even more complexity.

Forum Index » Suggestions
Go to: