[Logo] Golden Battles
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
House Proposal - Wage Restriction
Forum Index » [GB] United Kingdom
TheOnlyKazm

[Avatar]

Please Note: There will be likely change coming after the april budget, this is just before then.

Proposal: I propose that we set a wage limit in forced by major companies to a maximum of 6.5GBP / Hour. With a wage restriction of 6.5GBP per hour we are guaranteed to be able to make all products with side profit, thus keeping prices down and consumers happy. Without a wage restriction there will be heavy battles between major companies and thus will raise the price of goods.

Employees earning more money = Increase in goods prices.
Employees on restricted wages = Steady goods prices, fair wage for fair work.

I am not proposing we set a law or enforce such a thing, however I suggest we all accept this and enforce it among ourselves. I propose the major companies listed below accept this wage restriction.

Companies:

Iron Steel Co - TheOnlyKazm
Farmers Union - Andoversr
Valinorean Petroleum - Netvalar
Valinorean Machinist - Netvalar
UK Meat l Leather Company - TheOnlyKazm
London Iron and Steel Industries - Karlonia

Please suggest more major companies you think should agree

House of Common Members Allowed to Participate:

Andover: Discuss and Vote x1
Lancelor: Discuss and Vote x1
Karlonia: Discuss and Vote x1
Morgan: 12 Discuss only
Netvalar: Discuss and Vote x1
TheOnlyKazm: Discuss and Vote x1

Total Vote power: 5
Needed for passage: 3

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 16/04/2013 21:03:37

Andoversr

I know how to post!

minimum wage is currently 5.8 GBP

Im a bit concerned by the fact we are experiencing wage wars already, however alot of is is due to several of the companies here getting several workspaces, the highest I see right now for wage is 6.7 which is really unnecessary.

GBfarm prices usually ~0.2 to 0.3 above min wage (mostly to be a buffer again small changes in min wage shutting the workspace down) I think .2 or .3 above is fine, I do understand that some companies its more important than others to produce their goods (hence by GBfarm isnt pricing near the rest, since our production is relatively low-priority).

I am against 6.5 and would like to see it a bit lower however I will abstain my vote until I see more discussion
Lancelor

Is this the internet?

Yes i think our wages are far higher than they need to be. But seems to me we simply have a lot more companies than other countries and not enough workers to fill them. Look at Poland, they have people migrating simply due to a lack of work. All i can hope for us our number of companies dosent go any higher and that we get new players filling present workplace spots. That way we can keep our wages as low as possible.
TheOnlyKazm

[Avatar]

I think we are experiencing "wage wars" due to excessive workplaces not companies. My Iron Steel Co has eight workplaces simply because I'm the main producer of Iron & Steel in United Kingdoms. I will lower my wages from 6.5 and try to work something out. We need to lower wages quickly otherwise I think we will be paying in excess of 8GBP per hour very shortly.
Netvalar

I come in peace
[Avatar]

I think as time goes by the wage wars will settle down a bit. The 1st time I needed emergency workers I had to raise 3 workplaces wages to 6.77 the 2nd time I only had to raise to 6.45 so already wages are balancing out. Now that 1 of the 3 iron companies has suffered from overproduction that is 8 workplaces less competing for workers and again wages should settle a bit more. The economy for most extent and purposes should settle down and then rise up into chaos and then settle down etc.

I think the biggest problem last week was we needed way more steel then was available and being produced rather then doing a slow buildup there was a major increase of workplaces in the steel manufacturing. Of course that also led to a slightly higher retail price of steel when compared to other countries. Over the next couple of weeks I suspect the affect of overproduction will get leveled out and some of the now closed iron workplaces will reopen. As long as we gain a few more workers to keep these running at a profit things should continue to balance out for the month of April.

With all of these in mind I am against even a suggested maximum pay wage at this time. I however do feel that we need to continue to watch this situation as other products will be opening up soon for demand such as clothes and housing. This could lead to an overproduction of workplaces once again, as new companies get created to fill a space that we already have filled.

My vote then is no

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/04/2013 21:26:55

Andoversr

I know how to post!

Since there has beebn more discussion I will offically set my vote to against

I believe we should go with a "wait and see" attitude if the current situation resolves itself and see in the future if this is a issue we would be needing to address.

Karlonia

I come in peace
[Avatar]

I have been gradually reducing wages for all of my companies from 6.75 down to the 6.4-6.5 range over the last couple of days, so things seem to be settling down. Wage rates will likely fluctuate somewhat depending on supply and demand for both labor and products, which is normal for a healthy market.
Netvalar

I come in peace
[Avatar]

Our countries minimum wage has gone down drastically hovering around 5.00 I suggest companies begin to gradually reduce their wages to better compete internationally

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/04/2013 21:53:22

Andoversr

I know how to post!

Current vote is: 0 - 2

If there is further discussion needed please discuss otherwise please vote
Andoversr

I know how to post!

voting has closed, the proposal fails 0-2

Forum Index » [GB] United Kingdom
Go to: