[Logo] Golden Battles
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[House Proposal] Immigration Laws
Forum Index » [GB] United Kingdom
Andoversr

I know how to post!

Ok so this is probably going to be more of a touchy feely topic for the House

I have 3 options to present (people can amendment in their own if need be), we should select 1 plan that works for UK

Option A:

citizenship request fee: 1 gold to 4 gold
Accept New Citizens: Yes -> Yes
Automatic Citizenship: Yes -> Yes

Rationale: This is pretty much Auto-Pilot, the request fee is raised to discourage Refugee's from other countries (such as Serbia which will likely fall soon) from flocking here, the advantage is that we need not do anything and it generates a small income monthly for the nation.

Option B:

citizenship Request fee: 1 gold to 2 gold
Accept New Citizens: Yes -> Yes
Automatic Citizenship Yes -> No

Citizenship is Requested first to a select group of members of the House of Commons to decide if we should accept that person or not. Members of the current government and the 2 or 3 highest ranking NON-government officials from the House of Commons form this committee and decide on citizenship.

Rationale: This allows a group of the government and House members to decide on the worthiness of a applicant without the Bureaucracy of a full House of Commons vote.

Option C:

citizenship Request fee: 1 gold to 1 gold
Accept New Citizens: Yes -> No
Automatic Citizenship Yes -> No

The UK Simply does not allow Immigrants.

Rationale: This keeps our country safe from foreign threats and gives us a stable population growth, and prevents infiltration / take over by foreign players.

House of Common Members Allowed to Participate:

Andover: Discuss and Vote x1
Lancelor: Discuss and Vote x1
Karlonia: Discuss and Vote x1
Morgan: 12 Discuss only
Netvalar: Discuss and Vote x1
TheOnlyKazm: Discuss and Vote x1

Total Vote power: 5
Needed for passage: 3

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 28/03/2013 17:57:50

dubois

[Avatar]

Our Parliament has 2 rooms, not just HoC
Andoversr

I know how to post!

First off Dubois you are neither a UK'er nor a member of the House of Commons.

2ndly I am aware of the RL government of the UK, however 2 government bodies (HoC and House of Nobles) and possibly even a King/Queen is too much Bureaucracy to run through.

The reason for just having a House of Commons in Golden Battles is that it is a SINGLE Entity were everyone has a voice, and decisions can be made relatively quickly.

I would ask that you and other non-HOC members please refrain from speaking in HOC Topics, these topics are for members only.
Lancelor

Is this the internet?

Hmm this is a tough one. Having an influx of a few big players could more or less ruin the companies we have already created but then again there are useful recruits too. Therefore im going to vote A for now. Maybe in the future though if we are getting too many citizens we can bring the subject up again. However for now i am in favour of A
Netvalar

I come in peace
[Avatar]

I vote for A myself

Though the 4 gold for month of april is fine I want to bring the fee up in next months budget (May). My thinking is that refugees should pay a higher fee then the 4 gold mentioned Not sure where the number should be thus post poning that to May's budget gives us a full month to think about that. I know right now I am thinking 1 EURO or 7 gold but like I said not really sure.
Karlonia

I come in peace
[Avatar]

I will vote for option A -- in the future, we can increase or decrease the request fee depending on whether or not we want more people.
TheOnlyKazm

[Avatar]

Immigrants will have the power to open businesses right? I think the detriment to our country will be incredibly high if we have people coming from a country with a stronger dollar currency. They will have the ability to come to the United Kingdoms and potentially screw with the marketplace we are working on.

To fix this I suggest a higher fee, however this is also a problem because normal citizens (not high class "business men") may not be able to afford to come in to the country. I'm not sure which I'd like to vote for, however is a 3 - 4 gold per person really worth the potential gold (loss) that may occur if one of the immigrants messes up the market.
Netvalar

I come in peace
[Avatar]

More business I don't see as a problem I have couple of workplaces wage settings at 6.05 and they are still getting daily workers so we have enough to handle a few more workplaces. I admit if there became an overabundance of new companies compared to current/new workers then a wage competition would occur. However something like that would lead to an overabundance of product eventually which wouldn't sell. Thus either workplaces would shut down or products would get exported. The exporting of products produced in UK would actually help stimulate our economy to a certain degree.

So those new companies yes could cause problems on a short term basis but even then the long term would be good for the UK
TheOnlyKazm

[Avatar]

Yes I agree, unsure where to vote though.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/04/2013 15:55:05

Forum Index » [GB] United Kingdom
Go to: