[Logo] Golden Battles
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Fair Wage for Fair Work
Forum Index » [GB] United Kingdom
Netvalar

I come in peace
[Avatar]

TheOnlyKazm wrote:Part of running a major business (as we all do) is keeping finances (expenses mainly) in check, for this reason I propose the major companies have a maximum GBP wage per hour that we all agree to not go above.

This way, if we have all agreed we will all still get workers and keep our expenses down, I propose a number arround 6.6 - 7 GBP

As I quoted above a discussion about wages needs to be made. I agree this discussion needs to happen as it does effect our countries economy. As we all know our minimum wage to get listed has to be above that of the games companies and then our workplaces are put into the order by of highest wage 1st. So jump into the discussion here
Andoversr

I know how to post!

I agree there should be a max wage, however I feel this should be delayed until AFTER the April budget is implemented by the government due to the strong likelyhood of the Minimum wage being altered if the current language of the proposal remains when passed.
Netvalar

I come in peace
[Avatar]

Andoversr wrote:I agree there should be a max wage, however I feel this should be delayed until AFTER the April budget is implemented by the government due to the strong likelyhood of the Minimum wage being altered if the current language of the proposal remains when passed.

For now until the government is shown to be working well I think business discussions such as pricing and wages should be handled by a Chamber of Commerce (basically the business owners coming to mutual agreements without interference by government proposals).

This isn't to say that later down the road the governement shouldn't pass such proposals as wage control, etc. we just aren't ready for that yet. Our economy needs to become more active and that usually requires more freedom for companies to make decisions on a day to day basis. Example my machine companies needs workers badly so I raised half of my workplaces wages for the day and will bring them back down tomorrow.

TheOnlyKazm

[Avatar]

Netvalar wrote:
Andoversr wrote:I agree there should be a max wage, however I feel this should be delayed until AFTER the April budget is implemented by the government due to the strong likelyhood of the Minimum wage being altered if the current language of the proposal remains when passed.

For now until the government is shown to be working well I think business discussions such as pricing and wages should be handled by a Chamber of Commerce (basically the business owners coming to mutual agreements without interference by government proposals).

This isn't to say that later down the road the governement shouldn't pass such proposals as wage control, etc. we just aren't ready for that yet. Our economy needs to become more active and that usually requires more freedom for companies to make decisions on a day to day basis. Example my machine companies needs workers badly so I raised half of my workplaces wages for the day and will bring them back down tomorrow.

I agree to the above post qouted, this guideline does not need to be set in stone (law) rather a mutual agreement to work towards a better United Kingdom.

Forum Index » [GB] United Kingdom
Go to: